As we’re getting even closer to the conference, we are finalising our speakers announcements – just a few more to go. But today, let’s meet your nex speaker, Jorge, coming from Madrid! Jorge is a freelance dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. As a developer he started to work for the M.I.T. in 1993 and since he has collaborated in many software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He often participates as instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in U.S.A. and Europe. He has recently founded Canonical Examples to help other developers to take a step forward and become senior developers in a very demanding market.
You can meet Jorge both on the presentations day as well as during the workshops day.
His talk on the first day will be about “Refactoring Your Way Forward”
Finally you bought into using an advanced architecture for your mobile app. And you even got your management to give you the “OK, Go” to start spending time on that change. Even though, you do understand how to create a clean architecture mobile app from scratch, soon enough you find out that you need a good approach to take your app from its current state to a well architected app.
In this talk Jorge will share some strategies, tricks, and gotchas about how to do the migration to a clean arch mobile app. I will use an open source app as to show how to apply some changes.
His workshop on the second day: “Hands on Implementation of Clean Architecture for iOS Apps”
During the workshop we will implement together one user story from scratch for a new iOS application. The code will be written in Swift 3. Distribution of the contents and scope may vary slightly, in order to maximize the understanding of the bases.
– Clean Architecture Concepts: Brief introduction in order to understand the pieces of the architecture and their implementation in iOS.
– Implementation of the Interactor: Implement the first user story: show a list of data elements to the user. Define the first version of the immutable entities and transform them into immutable structures with the data to display.
– Implementation of the Presenter/event handler: Creation of the presenter that will talk to the view and present the data.
– Implementation of the View: How to make a dumb, but still useful view.
– A basic implementation of the entity gateway: Defer the decision of the persistence framework for later. Implement the minimum functionality in a basic object. Implications of the repository pattern.
– Connect the pieces and make it all work: Understand the way the pieces are interconnected and its memory management implications. Implement the required object, modify the App delegate and make it work with the storyboard. – Proper connections. Writing a reusable way to connect the pieces and navigate.
– Review, Questions & Answers
Make sure you don’t miss his talk and workshop by registering to the event – get your ticket now before places run out!